Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Problem with our Party


After months of trying to officially get involved with our party I have found I understand better then ever why we struggle in certain areas. Coming from a small conservative town in the great state of Texas, to the liberal juggernaut that is Nyack, NY, the largest difference I found was easily the political climate.

While I don't expect Nyack or Rockland County to change its political alignment, I always thought just because I lived here, I could still be involved with the GOP. However, over the course of the past two years I have realized, unless you live in a republican zone the only way the republican party wants your help is by your cash book.

No matter who I have contacted, where I have turned the answer always is, "How much can you give today," and my response is always nothing. I live in one of the heaviest taxed regions of the US and make just enough to get by each month. Now do I contribute here and there where I can, yes, but should that be all the GOP wants from me, no.

The truth is in every American, in every citizen, are certain strengths, and it is the strengths we should be embracing. The fact that our party looks at me and all they see is a pocket book, shows how disengaged we are from the US public. If members of this community did want a change, did want a new platform of leadership, what do you think their response would be when all they were asked for was money.

The truth is our party needs to stop being a big machine, where we see dollar signs where there are people. We need to stop equating patriotism with money, and most importantly needs to wake up and see that we have lost areas of this nation, not because of our policies, but because of our attitudes. If we continue to operate from a big machine method, and not get to know the people of our country on an individual level, we will never succeed in bringing this country back from the socialistic patterns we face today.

No comments:

Post a Comment